DISCLAIMER: During the HOT Months of (around) May-September any butters ordered may be melted upon arrival. They will solidify in room temperature, but the texture will not be the exact same as pictured.
Formulated for dry skin and skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and acne. Our Oatmeal Healing Butter is intended to soothe these skin conditions and ease irritability and inflammation.
Eczema is caused by an overactive immune system that leads to inflammation in your body. It is this internal inflammation that can cause the symptoms you know such as itching and dryness. Dermatitis refers to the inflamed skin. While topical products are a relief and healing method for the skin on the outside, it is important to get to the internal root of the issue. For example, nettle tea infusions are a great start.
This product pairs amazingly with our Creamy “Marshmallow-Oat” Baby Pudding Bar
***UNSCENTED- FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 2YO
***SCENTED- FOR AGES 2+
Daily Use: Apply a thin layer to the irritated/affected area and gently massage in.
The consistency of this butter may be gritty due to the colloidal oats.
Small batches made to guarantee a fresh product with ingredients that will provide the best results.
4 oz. recyclable glass jar
Ingredients: Organic African Shea Butter, Colloidal Oatmeal, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Calendula, Organic Chamomile, Organic Chickweed, Organic Comfrey, Organic Nettle Leaf, Organic Plantain, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Vitamin E Oil, (***Organic Frankincense Essential Oil.)
- Shea Butter is very moisturizing for the skin. Dry skin benefits from using shea butter as a deep moisturizer to increase softness.
- Colloidal Oatmeal helps strengthen the skin's barrier function, improves skin hydration, soothes irritation, has anti-inflammatory properties and also absorbs UV radiation.
- Sunflower Oil has anti-inflammatory properties to help soothe itchy and inflamed eczema skin. It can also improve skin hydration and preserve the integrity of the skin's natural barrier.
- Vitamin E Oil is important for skin health as an antioxidant. Applying vitamin E directly to the skin is a highly effective way to increase levels of the nutrient in the skin tissue.
- ***Frankincense serves as a tonic to rejuvenate your skin, as well as soothe skin irritations and sores.
- Calendula with its restorative properties, deeply hydrates the skin and heals damaged skin. Our calendula body butter can be used daily to soothe dry and itchy skin, especially if it's prone to eczema, leaving it hydrated and silky soft to the touch.
- Chamomile helps fade spots, eliminate acne scars and fight breakouts, if used topically, due to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. It can also help to relieve skin irritations such as eczema and rosacea.
- Chickweed used externally as an emollient is great for the skin. It's cooling and drying effect on wounds and skin eruptions calms irritated skin.
- Comfrey helps to moisturize and soothe dry irritated skin, promotes rapid skin cell growth, contributes to skin renewal, protects against bacteria and other microorganisms, helps reduce inflammation and helps to keep skin healthy.
- Lavender soothes eczema and other dry skin conditions as well as fights acne. It is also extremely calmly.
- Nettle Leaves possess fiber, proteins, vitamins and minerals. Nettle infused oil helps to heal burns and abrasions on the skin.
- Plantain has been referred to by one Cherokee Elder as an “Indian band aid.” Wounds treated with plantain have shown faster healing times and greater collagen growth in the wounds. It also has great anti-inflammatory and astringent properties that make it a great healing herb for eczema, rosacea, shingles, etc.
- Aloe Vera's anti-inflammatory qualities can help to alleviate skin ailments like psoriasis, itchy rashes, sunburn, and dryness. The polysaccharides found in aloe vera encourage regeneration of skin tissue.